The number one objective of every new blog, established by an individual or a company, is to become a recognised authority in the market. While blogs were initially used as a simple platform to share personal opinions, they have evolved and become regarded as one of the most revered methods of connecting, reviewing and internet marketing. Leading bloggers are trusted, and their word is highly sought after by marketers who desire more sales. However, the question every new blogger keeps asking is: how do you get there?
In blogging, there are no shortcuts; you must work your way to the top. One way of doing this is using expert guest blog posts. These are posts contributed by experts in their respective industries that are posted on your page for clients to read.
Preparing expert blog posts
The first step to creating an expert blog post is identifying a problem and working on a question. For example, a blog on social media could focus on creating email lists from social media, video marketing on social media, or UX on various platforms. The issue you’ve identified should be posted as a question.
The question you formulate, (example: what are the best ways to create email lists from social media?) is sent to top bloggers or professionals in the industry. When they give their feedback, it will constitute 80% of the blog post while you fill in the remaining 20%. What are the benefits of expert blog posts?
Very helpful in link building
One of the most useful methods used to rank your website or blog is the links or hyperlinks you use on your blog. When you have links to your own website and blog posts, search engines will consider you an authority and rank you higher in SERPs.
It is a sure-fire method of marketing your blog in top affiliate websites
When you complete an expert blog post, it will be distributed by its contributors. For example, if you did an expert blog post in dental surgery with a response of over 10 professionals, they will market your blog far and wide to their followers. This will create a lot of interest in your blog and drive traffic as well as conversions.
Makes you an authority in the industry
When you get closer to becoming an authority in the industry, more people will take note of your space, follow you and share your content in their communities. It is at this point that you can start enjoying the fruits of being an influencer. Top brands will be running to your blog to post advertisements while others will come from affiliate marketing. This will be a great time to monetise the blog.
Once the blog post has generated the results you are seeking, make sure you keep creating top quality content, connecting with followers and other affiliates, and further cementing your position in the industry. Remember that unlike other content marketing strategies, expert blog posts take time to make, operationalise and generate the results you anticipate.