Digital marketing is a broad term that includes a number of marketing activities that are performed on digital media. It promotes a product, brand or service through digital technology such as TV, radio, email and mobile. Subsets of digital marketing include internet marketing, content automation, social media marketing, PPC, display ads, email marketing, and e-commerce marketing, to name a few.
In today’s marketing industry, digital marketers do not simply hard sell a brand through blatant advertising – rather, they encourage consumer interaction and brand engagement through the packaging of marketing materials as stories, entertainment, or news. Thus, having relevant and targeted content is crucial in modern digital marketing strategy.
One widely employed method to ensure a brand’s content is reaching out to its intended audience is through SEO – Search Engine Optimisation. Having become an indispensable tool in digital marketing, SEO’s main role is to increase the visibility of a brand’s website to keep it ahead of competitors. The process involves first analysing the brand’s competitors and suitable keywords that consumers have an interest in. Then, the SEO professionals craft a comprehensive strategy, including content creation, link building, website optimisation, and more.
Some of the advantages of using SEO as part of your brand’s marketing strategy are as follows:
- SEO is a relatively affordable marketing strategy. For the ROI that it yields, it is a very value-for-money marketing method that can work for any brand that has a website. Also, most agencies have a transparent pricing system for their packages, making it easy to choose one at a suitable price point for your company.
- SEO is a low-risk marketing strategy. This means that the SEO strategy only needs to be done well, and the results will naturally follow. To do this, your choice of SEO agency is crucial in determining whether the SEO strategy will work. It is imperative to choose a SEO team that knows the search engine algorithms well, and that knows the right steps to make the search engine favour your website.
- SEO is suitable for mobile marketing. In a time where online searches are mainly conducted on mobile devices, an effective marketing strategy needs to be mobile-compatible. Thus, SEO is an excellent choice as it can boost your website’s rankings on both desktop and mobile searches.
- SEO increases brand awareness. When people see your brand at the top of the search ranks, they become familiarised with the name of your brand and the services it offers. Even if they don’t click through today, they will remember it and have a favourable impression of it.
- SEO results in a beneficial cycle for your brand. SEO increases your brand visibility as people see it on the top of the search. This encourages more people to visit your webpage, which leads the search engines to rank your site more favourably. Thus, your webpage stays at the top of the search rankings.
- SEO promotes conversions. As more visitors get attracted to the website, the relevant and targeted content they see on the site leads them to stay engaged with the brand and potentially patronise the services of the business.
With its bountiful benefits, SEO is a worthy investment for any online business today. If you want to get started on designing an SEO plan for your company, don’t hesitate to contact an agency that specialises in SEO in Malaysia.