You may have heard success stories of people who create products that rake in seven to eight figures per month on the Internet. Others move from one niche to another, try every opportunity they can find but are unable to replicate such success. What’s the difference between the two groups?
The success of any online business is based on several factors, and the key among them is marketing. If you are reading this article, there is no doubt that you already have a business that you want to improve, or are thinking of starting one.
How can you market your products in such a way that every lead becomes a sale? The answer is creating an excellent marketing mix for your business. You don’t need to have an MBA to sell things online. This article will give you a simple way of creating a phenomenal marketing plan.
Invent a valuable product
To prosper on the Internet, one must first create a product that adds value to peoples’ lives. Human beings spend their money on things that provide solutions to their problems.
For instance, studies show that most businesses in Singapore are either small or medium enterprises. Such enterprises face numerous difficulties due to the presence of large MNCs in local markets.
So if you want to write an e-book targeting local retailers in Singapore, you need to focus on a topic that will bring value to them
Create a website
This is the second most important step if you want to succeed in Internet marketing. A site is like an information sheet that clients will look for to know more about your products. Post relevant information, clear videos, images and reviews about what you are selling.
- Make sure that the content on your website is captivating, engaging and easy to read.
- Take the time to design an attractive website.
- Make sure the information on your site is continuously updated.
- Give a brief description about you and your business.
- List your contacts and tactfully have a way of asking your visitors to leave their email addresses and feedback.
Search Engine Optimization
To get free and regular traffic, you must thoroughly equip yourself with search engine optimisation(SEO) skills. How do you do that?
- Make use of the social media. Statistics show that billions of people use platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest every day. Post your products on these sites and share it with as many people and groups as possible.
- Use the right words in your adverts. If you want people to find your website among the top searches on Google, then you have to be crafty with the words you use. For example, more people are searching for ways of trading Bitcoins than the future of cryptocurrency.
One way of knowing what people are looking for on the Internet is by using Google Keyword Planner. This will also show you how many people are searching for information in a particular field.
E-mail marketing refers to marketing via e-mail. While you can pay email service providers like Aweber to get emails, you can also collect them free from the people you connect with on social media and other forums.
Send them newsletters, articles, posters, and reviews about your products- both new and existing. Keep communicating with them. Entice them with offers and success stories of those using your items. Apart from increasing traffic to your site, it will also boost the rate of conversion.
If you want to succeed in internet marketing, be sociable and give people value for their time and money. This is not a get-rich-quick scheme, but if you persevere, you will begin seeing better revenue.