Before the advent of the internet and online marketing, businesses had to content with using traditional methods of advertising such as posters, flyers, radio advertising and using word of mouth all of which were not only cumbersome and taxing but also required a lot of money. This, however, changed when the internet grows and subsequently social media came in as a means of connecting, interacting and spreading awareness. Whether you own a small or a multinational business, I’m certain that you’ve considered using social media marketing to get a word out there about the products and services you offer.
In fact, you are not alone. 73% of businesses over the globe use sites like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn to effectively market and grow their business. Business owners that have yet to embrace social media marketing are not only committing a cardinal sin but also immensely reducing the chances of their business competing with others. If you are still on the sidelines, you may be wondering how can social media help in your business. There are indeed many benefits of using social media to create awareness for your businesses as well as improve profits generally.
How can social media help your business to grow?
- The use of social media allows you to strengthen relationships and effectively increase engagements with your existing and potential customers. With that in mind, you’re not only reaching a wider audience but also improving customer experience.
- Social media is widely popular and millions of people use it every single day. Did I just say millions? Sorry, I must have gotten that wrong. In fact, there are over 1 billion social media users worldwide! Facebook alone has over 1 billion users, Twitter has over 200 million users and LinkedIn has over 200 million users. With these numbers, the world becomes a global village for your business as you can sell virtually to any customer over the world with the touch of a button!
- Social media helps in your SEO, and it is completely free! Opening a Facebook or Twitter page for your business is free. All top social media sites do not require any form of payment to open an account with them. You can easily open an account and embark on free advertising. However, you can make small payments on Facebook to boost certain products and services which cost a minimal fee.
- With social media, you get an opportunity to reach people of all ages and demographics. There are no age barriers, geographical barriers or time barriers. Irrespective of who your target audience is, social media got you covered anywhere, anytime and any day!
- Social media in itself encourages two-way communication. Believe it or not, more than half of Facebook users log into their accounts every day. Over 400 million tweets are posted every day. While customers might not physically visit your store on a daily basis, rest assured that they will have a glimpse of what you post on your social media page. By doing so, it increases engagement and interaction.
In light of the above, there is no reason why you should be standing on the sidelines! Join the bandwagon and start using social media today to help increase exposure for your business and ultimately help it grow. After all, you can’t fight change and the way to achieve a competitive edge is by changing with the times!